This is a tongue-in-check look at the seven habits or outlooks on married people themselves mostly by people who aren’t married. Some of these are what I have heard people say about being married others are experiences of the married. None of them are meant to insult nor edify you but to merely to give a chuckle perhaps, if I’m lucky. Enjoy!
1. Married people have less drama in their lives. Come on this one has to be true right? No sense creating drama because even if there is a fight you still have to go home together.
2. Married people have better careers. Sure, just ask the young couple who are working opposite hours so someone can be home with the baby. He works at the gas station during the day and she works at the pizza place at night.
3. Married people have better vacations and holiday gatherings. Nothing like the yearly family reunion at the lake house…uhm trailer to bring the family together. And going to your mother-in-law’s for every holiday is the best!
4. Married people make the greatest babysitters because they never go anywhere so they are always available. After all they have to save up for those great vacations.
5. Married people have nicer homes. Only 360 months and the taj mahal will be all yours. After you remodel the bathrooms, put in a new kitchen and somehow figure out how to add closets to the 100 year old farm house you just bought.
6. Married people never have to look for a date on the week-ends. Because after doing the laundry, mowing the yard, cleaning the kitchen, changing the oil on the car and a hundred other things that you need to do to catch up from the week all you want is a nap, forget dressing up and going out on a date.
7. Married people have experienced the best love of their lives! And that is why we are willing to put up with the other six items on the list.
Share what your favorite habit of married people is. It can be sarcastic or real.
Ron and Shawn make up the “Odd Couple.” We are a husband and wife team who have been together for the last 27 years. We have laugh, cried, fought, made up, and made more mistakes then any two people could. Through it all we have raised the greatest three kids in the world! We would like to offer you a free report we put together titled 10 Marriage Help Tips Report with video. Click here for the report. Here is a picture of us at the World Famous Ft Worth, TX Stockyards